Voters to elect seven officials at May 3 Town Election
A number of positions will be up for votes at the town election on May 3.
Nomination papers will be available at the Town Clerk’s office at Town Hall, 54 Marion Rd., starting on Jan. 31. Papers will be due by 5 p.m. on March 7.
The following positions will be on the ballot:
- Two three-year seats on the Select Board, currently held by Jim Munise and Patrick Tropeano. Tropeano has announced that he will not be running for reelection.
- School Committee: One three-year seat, currently held by Mary Morgan, will be up for a vote.
- Town Clerk: Michele Bissonnette will be up for re-election for another three-year term. She plans to run again.
- Town Moderator: This three-year position, currently held by Claire Smith, will be on the ballot.
- Assessors: One three-year seat, held by David Halberstadt, will be up for a vote.
- Sewer Commissioner: One three-year position, held by Peter Dunlop, will be on the ballot.
Editor’s note: This story initially included a position on the Housing Authority. That seat will not be up for a vote this year.